BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES APP
You can use the Ladysmith Heritage Trails & Opportunities app to explore our key development zones and business opportunities. It gives you the detailed information you need as a potential investor, in real time. The app also gives you cultural insights into our community. You can learn about the First Nations and industrial heritage of Ladysmith.
GET THE APP TODAY!
We’ve identified growth opportunities for businesses in the following sectors:
- Food and beverage processing – Shellﬁsh processing (oysters, clams, scallops and more). Local producers enjoy superior market access and growing conditions. Support services are also nearby.
- Food services – Downtown restaurants and retail.
- Forestry and wood products – Value-added manufacturing.
- Green industry – Clean technologies, eco-tourism, eco-industrial parks, green building.
- Marine – Manufacturing and services capitalizing on our natural harbour.
- Professional service and knowledge-based – Tech, accounting, finance, design, etc.
- Tourism – The number of visitors here has doubled in the last decade.
The Coast Salish Development Corporation also has many business opportunities in and around Ladysmith. It is the economic development agency of the Stz’unminus First Nation.
What Business Owners Say
“We wanted to create a business that would help support the extensive art community in Ladysmith. Ladysmith is a town of people who care about their community. They invest in it by being a part of it through volunteering for all the different events and organizations. It is a safe, happy place to be.”Bayview Framing owners Wanda and Bruce Whittington
“Yes, we had the plan, the vision, the determination and the know-how. Yes, we understood the risks of building a “metro store” in a small community. However, the acceptance and support of the beautiful people of Ladysmith of all ages, the town of Ladysmith, the heritage council, the Ladysmith Downtown Business Association … we would not have come this far without them.”The Worldly Gourmet Kitchen Store owners Kamal and Therese Saab
“We always wanted to be our own boss and our own business. Ladysmith provided a perfect fit for our family situation … as well as opportunities for growth and involvement in the community.”49th Parallel Grocery owners Wayne and Hrmina Richmond
“Ladysmith has a great community spirit. There are so many events that go on here that bring people together. It’s friendly, central to the Island’s amenities such as ferries, airports and major cities, and just a beautiful location in general. The town is progressive and growing. I live, shop, work and play here.”Pharmasave Ladysmith owners Steve Robinson, Steve Wilkinson and Satnam Lalli
““It was an easy choice to open our business in Ladysmith as it's only minutes from home and we’ve met so many people that we really feel part of the community. Ladysmith has so much to offer to both locals and tourists alike that it's a wonderful place to have a business!””Antique Addict owners Paul Joy and Cathy Goldie